Monday, January 24, 2011

Torment by Lauren Kate Review

Photobucket
"Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies."
from goodreads.com

Length: 452 Pages (hardcover)
Published: September 28th 2010
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Rating: 3/5 Stars

Alright! So I figured since I have nothing else to do and I'm a terrible blogger I oughta make it up to y'all with some new reviews.

First let me say that I wasn't that impressed with Fallen, the first book in the series, so I knew right off the bat that this wasn't going to be the best book ever; however I had to read it so I could find out what happens.

So in this book Daniel and Cam have some kind of agreement that they won't be enemies for so many days, I believe that it was 15, so they can both look after Luce; who they have moved to a new school in Fort Bragg, CA. The name of the new school is Shoreline and it is also a boarding school, but some of the students here are in special classes being taught by a demon and angel couple! Luce makes new friends, Shelby and a boy whose name I can't remember; and her an Daniel get in this big fight. So during the whole book you're reading about Luce trying to figure out Daniel and learning about her new friends. She also learns many new things about the "shadows".

I thought the characters in this book were so whiny and self absorbed I almost gave up on reading it! Luce, like in the last book, was so annoying; everything had to be about her and what she was going through. After only a couple days at the new school she was going off campus, which she was told not to do because there were things that wanted to kill her. We can't forget to mention Daniel. He was super controlling in this book, if Luce didn't do exactly what he said he threw a huge hissy fit. Shelby, Luce's roommate, seemed almost bi-polar. One minute she was fine with Luce and Daniel, then the next she couldn't stand to look at him (I realize she had a reason, but I wish that was told at the start!).

The ending did come as a surprise, but I felt like it was a stupid ending. Who would do that? I know she wants to know more about her past, but why risk your life to learn about it?

Passion the 3rd book in the series comes out June 14th 2011 and the 4th book Rapture comes out sometime in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment