Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ruined by Paula Morris Review


"Rebecca couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to spend the year while her dad is traveling. She's staying in a creepy old house with her Aunt Claudia, who reads Tarot cards for a living. And at the snooty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda. Then one night, in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to talk to Rebecca, and to show her the nooks and crannies of the city.
There's just one catch.
Lisette is a ghost.
A ghost with a deep, dark secret, and a serious score to settle.
As Rebecca be able to right the wrongs of the past, or has everything been ruined beyond repair?"
from goodreads.com
 
I finished this book in a day and half, I woulda finished it in a day but I had to sleep or I was gonna pass out!
Some things could have been different but overall I enjoyed this book. The biggest problem I had was with the ending.
 
The story starts off with Rebecca from New York, who gets sent to live with her "aunt" and "cousin" in New Orleans; while her dad is in China on business.  Of course she is not accepted because the section that her aunt lives in is "old money". 
 
I felt like there was some missing out of this book, Rebecca never makes a friend other than the ghost.  She
gets pulled in way to easily to be in the parade. There were some flaws in the book; however it was a decent book. So for that it gets
***/5

2 comments:

  1. I gave your blog an award on my blog!

    methebooknerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks good. I'll have to check it out.

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete