Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Devouring Review


So I'm back tracking trying to get my reviews up and get this blog up and going. I'm looking at all my reviews from goodreads and putting them on here!
So I actually read this book in January of this year, but I thought I'd post this review for y'all.




"When Reggie finds an old journal and reads about the Vours, supernatural creatures who feast on fear and attack on the eve of the winter solstice, she assumes they are just the musings of some lunatic author. But soon, they become a terrifying reality when she begins to suspect that her timid younger brother might be one of their victims."

from goodreads.com


Reggie is a teenage girl who finds a journal that talks about these things called Vours, and they come out to feast on people's worst nightmares. She reads them to her brother as a bed time story then weird things start happening. Can Reggie stop these things from happening before she loses everything she loves?



The characters were well written and they each developed in their own time and at their own pace, I can't stand when a character finds out everything at one time. I loved that Reggie was strong and independent, she wasn't whiny and didn't complain about everything.



The setting was a good setting, it was a little hard to get a grasp on at first but it soon became very clear where it took place and when. I felt like I was in the places that the characters were in, and they were very creepy places.


I was scared the whole night after I read this! It's very uncommon to find a YA book that is this good.


Definitely a ***** star book

No comments:

Post a Comment