Sunday, June 19, 2011

Across the Universe Review

 "Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.
Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming."
from goodreads.com


Okay, so I read this in two days; but I did it for a read-a-thon I was part of. If it hadn't been for that then I probably wouldn't have even finished this book. I'm not gonna say it was boring, because it wasn't. There was just something about it that I didn't like.

 After the first chapter pretty much the only parts I enjoyed were the chapters with Amy. It took 100 pages, and LONG 100 pages, for her to be unfrozen and part of the "world" they were living in.

 As for the characters; I thought Harley and Elder were both annoying. Amy also got on my nerves, however not as bad as the other two did. I didn't think Elder would go along with Eldest as long as he did, and I didn't think Harley would be that whiny at the end.

 I just thought the book was gonna go a different way and I probably would have rather seen it gone a different way; but none the less it was an okay read.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment